Effective Heat Exchanger Tube Plugging in Highly Corrosive Environments
Pop-A-Plug® Tube Plugging System is the best solution for safe and permanent repair of leaking tube plugs
About EST Group: A global manufacturer and designer of pipe and tube pressure testing and plugging equipment. Since 1968 the company has specialized in development, manufacturing and marketing of tools and systems that greatly simplify the maintenance of shell and tube heat exchangers and that speed-up in-service inspection of pipe, pipelines, piping systems and pressure vessels.
EST Group engineers and manufactures Pop-A-Plug® Heat Exchanger Tube Plugs to serve as the safe and reliable tube plugging solution for these critical processes. It provides a safe, controlled, and repeatable method for sealing heat exchanger tubes with installed stability better than a welded plug. The installation method only takes minutes and protects against damage to tube sheet ligaments and the adjacent tube sheet joints. Plug material is always matched to the host tube to prevent any undesirable galvanic interaction and maintain a leak-tight seal under extreme thermal and pressure cycling.
Pop-A-Plug Tube Plug Features and Benefits
- Pressure Ratings up to 7000 PsiG (483 BarG)
- No welding required
- Reduce downtime from days to hours
- Controlled and repeatable installation
- Unique breakaway prevents damage to tube and tube joint
- Offers the lowest life cycle cost when compared to alternative tube plugging methods
- Helium leak tight seal to 1 x 10-10 cc/sec
- Meets ASME PCC-2 Article 3.12 requirements
- Suitability and type tested by TUV
Pop-A-Plug Tube Plug Materials (Over 35 Alloys Available Including)
- ASTM A-182 F9/F11/F22
- Carbon Steel
- 316 SS
The EST Group products include:
- Pop-A-Plug® Tube Stabilizers - for stabilizing fractured or severed heat exchanger tubes.
- G-Series Tube Testing Guns - for locating and identifying leaking heat exchanger tubes and tube-to-tubesheet joints.
- GripTight® and SQ2 Test Plugs - for high pressure hydrostatic testing of pipe, pipelines and pressure vessels. Safe and effective at working pressures to 14,000 psi (960 Bar). Pipe OD and ID sealing versions available.
- Elbow Test Plug - revolutionary new plug designed for testing long radius elbows. Patent-pending dual-serrated GripTight MAX® grippers give this unique plug design enhanced holding power to 3350 PsiG (231 BarG).
- High Lift Flange/Weld Testing Plugs - for quickly isolating and hydrostatically testing weld joints of any welded flange to pipe connection.
- Double Block & Bleed Plugs - positively isolate pipe end hot work from potentially explosive upstream vapors; then weld and test the flange to pipe connection all with one tool.
- D-Series Tapping Tools - compact, lightweight tools for tapping into existing pipelines under pressure; ideal for sampling and/or draining the contents of a pipe or pressure vessel.
EST Services: Provides a complete range of turnkey field services targeted at the inspection and repair of tubular heat exchangers and condensers - including heat exchanger tube testing, inspection (visual, eddy current or IRIS), mechanical tube cleaning, tube sleeving or lining, tube plugging, tube pulling and partial retubing operations. Sleeves are installed using Hydra-Loc™ hydraulic expansion equipment. EST FS offers piping system and pressure vessel hydrostatic testing and inspection. Additionally EST FS provides on-site training courses for all EST products.
North, Central & South America
2701 Township Line Road
Hatfield, PA 19440 USA
P +1.215.721.1100 | +1.800.355.7044
Europe, Middle East, Africa (EMEA)
EST Group B.V.
Hoorn 312a, 2404 HL Alphen aan den Rijn